Thursday, November 10, 2005

Scattered Shots

The Hog universe appears to be one of commentary right now. John Brummett has weighed in with his stages of Hog fandom. I don't buy what Brummett is saying. (I get it free over the Internet...)

My dad calls December 6, 1969, "the day I learned to never care that much again." I'm with him. Arkansas football has a way of letting you down. Besides, I was a John Robert Starr guy and never cared for Brummett. And if I hadn't changed chairs that day at the start of the 4th quarter...

Wally and Nate have apparently been given marching instructions by Coach Broyles to take the "Houston must stay" bandwagon out of storage and roll it out. Perhaps in response to the message boards wondering why JFB hasn't been saying much.

Speaking of message boards...there are crazy people out there with rumors that would do better to just keep their thoughts to themselves.

Went to the bball game Friday night. I'm still concerned that the "stagnation" issues the offense experienced last year will be a problem this year. We didn't move the ball well, and we don't push the ball up the court very well. There's definitely some talent out there, so I am hopeful. We shall see.

Heath continues to recruit well. Hopefully the coaching skills will come. I hear him worrying about the right things -- in contrast to (we need to get a hat on a hat and buckle up both chin straps) Houston Dale. Now Houston Dale is not going to be so afraid to throw the ball -- I think he definitely reads message boards.

The Hog Wild Band needs to be fixed. My other brother-in-law, former Hog Wild Band member in the days of Robkin, wonders in amazement why nothing has changed in the band since the 80's, except that it's no longer really any good. The atmosphere in Bud Walton needs definite work. Of course, some people actually showing up to watch the games would be a start.

Wonder how Brummett would describe my stage?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home