Monday, October 31, 2005

Casey Has "It"

When I first saw Casey Dick at quarterback in a Razorback practice I noticed he was different. When Houston Dale says he has “it” that may sound a little strange. But to play quarterback you have to “have it.” I definitely saw “it” in Casey, and wrote about it during the pre-season practices.

From August 9th's Tuesdaze – Last Open Practice:
Quarterbacks have more than a ways to go, with Casey Dick actually providing some impressive moments while serving up balls to the backs and tight ends against the linebackers and safeties. He puts the ball in good places I noticed.
And from October 17th's Nothing New At Quarterback:
Casey Dick, of the four, appears to me to have the most potential. I saw him in a number of practice drills that gets delegated to the 4th string guy and he just impressed me in a lot of ways. Footwork, receiver selection, and most of all, the ability to put the ball in very good places for the receivers. Not to be negative on Alex or Cole, “just saying.”

Had Houston Dale not already had his mind made up and given everyone a good look he would have had to given Casey a shot at the job.
Quarterback is a “feel.” It’s a mentality. It is seeing, reading, and reacting without having to stop and give it all a lot of thought. It’s your eyes and your feet and your arm working seamlessly together. It’s about putting the ball in the best place to give your receiver a chance to make a play - or to protect your team. Think Joe Montana - probably the best at having “it” of all time.

I’m really glad to see us making a change. Casey’s a freshman and this will be his first time out, so I’m not expecting to see the second coming of Joe Montana. While I hate to see the redshirt come off after 7 games, I do like the idea of seeing Casey play. A friend of mine announced to me last week that he was boycotting the SC game. Now he's planning to go. Gotta go see "it" on Saturday.

1 Comments:

At 10:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That friend of your's ticket is gone. Given to a true Razorback fan who supports his school through thick and thin. Darksiders need to learn that they cannot support their team only when it suits their interest. Good day. - SSP.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home