Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Connecticut 77, Arkansas 68

ESPN.com: Gay, UConn hold off stiff late challenge from Arkansas
Junior guard Ronnie Brewer had a career-high 25 for the Razorbacks, one more than he had in the season-opening win over Portland State. Modica added 13 for Arkansas, which committed 20 turnovers but had 13 steals, six by Brewer.

Connecticut shot 50.9 percent (27-for-53) and outrebounded the Razorbacks 37-25 but the Huskies struggled to win because of the turnovers.
Also:

Hogwired.com: Hogs Make Run at No. 3 UConn but Come up Short and Final Stats (PDF)
Grant Hall: Spirited Hogs Fall To UConn and Hawaii Notepad
Scott Cain: Huskies handle Hogs
AP Photos: Steven Hill, Jonathon Modica, Stan Heath, Jonathon Modica, Darian Townes, Jim Calhoun, Eric Ferguson

Updated 11/22/05 12:45 p.m. - Added additional links.

1 Comments:

At 1:06 PM, Blogger TipsterHog said...

I'll admit that I saw some things last night (this morning!) that reminded me of last year.

But I also saw the same team play with TONS more confidence against Portland State just 4 days ago. I realize the competition is not even close but it was the best team basketball I've seen in the Stan Heath era.

(I really wish that game would have been on ARSN so that more people could have seen it. It was very encouraging to those in attendance.)

Now if we could just get these guys to believe and play with that same confidence against the UConn's of the world, I think we'd have something.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home