Sunday, November 20, 2005

My Thoughts - Memories

In place of my game thoughts this week, I offer this...

As I watched Vanderbilt and Georgia Tech running onto the field in glorious victory on Saturday, I was filled with envy. How long has it been? How long since the Razorbacks have beaten someone we were supposed to lose to? How long since we've been thrilled with a football win that was good enough to put on the Reynolds Razorback Stadium video board before the Hogs run through the "A"?

I'm tired of falling back on beating Texas in Austin. And it seems like forever since Decori Birmingham caught the "Markham Miracle" touchdown. "Seventh Heaven" in Oxford is a distant memory. And the 2000 Cotton Bowl and '99 Tennessee wins are even further.

Now don't get me wrong...I love all of these memories. I love that I can look at those video board highlights and remember where I was when they happened. It's just that it's been so long, I'm starting to forget what a big win...heck, what a win over a good team with a winning record...feels like.

So Houston, Friday is another chance for you and your team to give the gift of a fond memory to Hog fans. Everyday people like me who will hold on to them for a lifetime. Some people are wanting it to be your last chance. I really don't care about that.

I just don't want to be envious when I see the fans of winning teams anymore.

2 Comments:

At 9:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's sad when we thoroughly dominate a team that we actually were supposed to and you don't give the Hogs any credit and just continue to whine and moan. Doesn't it ever get old Tipster? Just enjoy a win for once... please, for your own sanity.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger TipsterHog said...

Who said I didn't enjoy the win? Were you there with me when I watched the game? Ask JeffDavisHogg...he'll tell you I enjoyed the game.

I just found the win uninteresting and, other than for the SSP minority like yourself, I determined that there wasn't enough there to write about.

I mean 41 points in the first half...what's there to say except be a cheerleader? I'll leave that to you... ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home