Saturday, August 20, 2005

2005 Fan Appreciation Day

HogBlogger and I will be attending the fan appreciation day scrimmage at 6 p.m tonight at Reynolds Razorback Stadium. I'm hoping to post some pictures on my new Flickr page later tonight.

In a rare sign of sanity earlier this week, the SID office actually moved the open seats for the scrimmage from the sweltering east side stands to the shady and comfortable oasis of the west side. Now that's appreciating your fans!

Unfortunately, when I wrote this e-mail a little while back, they hadn't decided to be so responsive:
Date: Sunday, August 04, 2002 11:44 AM
To: Arkansas Sports Information Department
Re: August Football Scrimmage

I read in the newspaper this morning about the football scrimmage on August 24. I am looking forward to attending but I was disappointed to see that we will be forced to sit in the east stands staring into and feeling the heat of the blazing Arkansas sun.

Even though it was extremely hot and uncomfortable at last year's August scrimmage, everyone completely understood that, because of construction, the west side stands were closed. However, it seems unnecessary to me that you would continue that requirement this year. Please consider changing this for the upcoming scrimmage or, at least, for next year's spring and fall scrimmages.
So...I guess it only took them three years to check their e-mail.

Today's forcasted high in Fayetteville: 94°. Everyone going to the scrimmage can thank me later. ;-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home