Friday, January 27, 2006

Looking Better?

The Ole Miss game Wednesday night may have been the best basketball I've seen a Stan Heath Razorback team play. That may not be saying much - you can decide what you think that is worth.

The team played tough. Strong, for the most part, in the paint. The ball went to the post often. The days of choosing to ignore post people that are in good position to receive the ball - which was an attribute of Heath's teams to date - may be over. Hope so.

Hill, Townes, Thomas, Modica played tougher than their Ole Miss counterparts. Our guards were solid. Brewer had good intensity for the entire game. Everyone looked much tougher getting to the basket on offense.

Defense was as good as I've seen in Bud Walton in quite a while. The mix of zone and man was especially effective against Ole Miss.

If we can continue to play like we played Wednesday night I like our chances the rest of the way.

I still didn't have to sit in my assigned seat, but much more skill was required to sit at half-court than in the past few games.

Love the sign in the student section that said, "Old people make noise."

The student with the gray t-shirt that came on camera with the front saying "I hate Ole Miss" in blue letters was especially funny when he turned around and the back said, in burnt orange, "and I hate Texas too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home