Tuesday, November 29, 2005

It's All on You, Houston Dale

The day dawned cold in Northwest Arkansas, with Coach Broyles "confident that he (Houston Dale) will make the right decisions." Is that a vote of confidence or a version of "I'll be watching..."?

In fact, Coach Broyles goes one step further on the "it's all on you, Houston" bandwagon by stating, "'I haven't told him anything,' Broyles said Monday. 'Not one thing.'" Said it "wasn't his place" to do so, and “If I do that, I ought to be fired,” Broyles said. “I can't do that.”

Perhaps Northwest Arkansas is not the only place with freezing temps this morning.

The talk on morning radio has been that apparently the hiring of an offensive coordinator is "high centered" due to concerns the candidates have of joining the staff of a coach so obviously on the hot seat, besides the fact of joining a head coach who probably won't let go of the offense. The situation was referred to as a "mess."

On the quarterback front, Cole Barthel has asked for his release to transfer. It won't surprise me if Alex Mortensen follows shortly with the same request. Robert Johnson will either transfer or be moved to receiver. I continue to hear (contrary to what Houston Dale said to the press on Sunday), as I have for the better part of a year now, that Peyton Hillis wants to transfer. I think he just likes to make noise.

Also on the gossip front, I'm also hearing a very strong probability that Damian Williams will be wearing Razorback red next year.

The "in progress" evaluation continues...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home