Wednesday, September 28, 2005

Hillis To Defense?

From tonight's Razorback Nation, Hogs running back Peyton Hillis says he has talked to the coaches about moving to defense next year.
Hillis: "There hasn't been a move from the coaches. It's just a consideration of mine for next year. I talked to Coach Herring about it and he was just like, 'Well let's play this year out and then we'll see what happens after that.'

So I'm going to finish this year out and play hard at fullback and tailback and then see what happens after this year."

Matt Turner: You're such a talented running back. Why would you even consider moving to the defensive side of the ball?

Hillis: "Well...I don't know. I guess I'm just thinking that I feel like I can play a little linebacker so why not just try a position there? Just see how I fit at it. I always know I can come back and play on offense."

Matt Turner: How much experience do you have at defense? Have you ever played?

Hillis: "I played in middle school and high school at linebacker. As I look at it out here, the speed is different and you have to be a little more physical. But I don't think it's something I can't handle."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home